Season One of She Speaks’ saw us tackle the topics of:
- Being gay at work – Are you the only gay (girl) in the village? in Sept 2014
- Solving our relationship problems from the U-Haul moment to adopting fur-babies together in Nov 2014.
- We listened to Lisa Daniel, Director, Melbourne Queer Film Festival, Georgie Harman, CEO of beyondblue and Amy Middleton, Editor at Archer magazine discuss LGBTI women in the media and the impact of media on our wellbeing in January 2015 for our Midsumma event.
- Why the kids are alright – discussing the challenges of LGBTI families in April 2015
- Networking, leaning in, finding sponsors, engaging mentors to propel us to where we want to be in our professional lives (June 2015).
Our expert panel speakers have included:
Anna Brown, Co-Convenor of the Victorian Gay & Lesbian Rights Lobby and Director of Advocacy and Strategic Litigation, Human Rights Law Centre
Georgie Harman, CEO beyondblue
Jacqui Tomlins, writer and researcher, OUTspoken Families
Jodylee Bartal, Senior Associate, Lander & Rogers Lawyers, Family & Relationship Law
Lisa Daniel, Director, Melbourne Queer Film Festival
Megan Luscombe, Relationship and Wellness Coach
Michelle Redfern,Head of ATM’s & Self Service Channel, NAB
Sally Nicholes, Partner, Nicholes Family Law
View our event photos on Facebook.
View our next event